Highland Life logo
A great place to live, work and play

Learning English

English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)

For English classes - called ESOL courses (English for Speakers of Other Languages) in the Highlands and Moray: www.esolhighland.com

English Requirements for Visas and Citizenship

English language requirements for Visas and Citizenship can be found on the UKBA website. You can ask for advice at your local CAB office.


All the information about Library Services can be found on the Highland Council website. This includes how libraries can support learning English and other languages. You can also study for the Life in the UK test online. You will need a library card to sign up for this free resource which you can get at any Highland library.

Library services for children

Library services - LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender) community

© 2024 Highland Wellbeing Alliance.
Project part-financed by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund) within the INTERREG IIIB Northern Periphery Programme.