Brave group of volunteers re-open cinema in Oban
Disney-Pixar;'s latest animated adventure 'Brave' premiered at the newly opened Phoenix Cinema in Oban on the 3rd August. The old Highland Theatre was bought over by a community group two years ago and with the support of Highlands & Islands Enterprise, Argyll and Bute Council and donations from the local community the Oban Phoenix Cinema has emerged.
Craftworks Toolkit - Turning 'Passion into Profit'
The Craftworks Toolkit is for people who have gained a degree of experience and skill in their chosen craft, and are considering taking the further step of turning their 'passion into profit'.
Broadband help for rural communities
A £5 million fund will help bring next generation broadband to some of Scotland’s remotest communities, it was announced today.
Highlands & Islands Life Sciences (HI-LS) July Newsletter
Find out more about the latest Highlands and Islands Life Sciences activity here http://bit.ly/MJKQvn
Last chance for research businesses to access world's largest public research fund
Scottish businesses and organisations are being encouraged to bid for the final round of funding from a €50 billion European programme.
Brave group of volunteers reopen cinema in Oban
Disney-Pixar’s latest animated adventure Brave will premiere tonight at the newly opened Phoenix Cinema in Oban.
SSE increases holding in Wind Towers Ltd
SSE has agreed to acquire from Marsh Wind Technology Ltd its 40.05% share in Wind Towers Ltd, taking SSE's total shareholding in Wind Towers Ltd to 80.1% The remaining 19.9% of ordinary share capital is held by Highlands and Islands Enterprise. The transaction is expected to be fully completed in the next couple of weeks.
The Pentland Firth and Orkney Waters Get on Board with Marine Power
The Pentland Firth and Orkney Waters in the North of Scotland will today confirm their place on the global marine energy map with the launch of the area as a Marine Energy Park.
SDI increases global footprint with seven new international offices
Highlands and Islands Enterprise’s international arm Scottish Development International (SDI) has announced plans to open seven new overseas offices during the next year and increase its overseas staff by a quarter.
Good news for Evanton Wood Community Project
The community purchase of the much loved Evanton wood, an integral part of the village, is to become a reality.